This delicious vegan salad made with kale, quinoa, edamame, and fresh fruits proves to be a delicious and simple meal to impress. Ingredients
Recipe type: Salad, Lunch, Entree
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (cook according to package directions)
- 1 1/2 cup edamame beans, cooked and cooled
- 3 cups finely chopped Tuscan kale, ribs removed
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 mango, pitted and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and either sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoon toasted almonds or pumpkin seeds, if desired
- For lemon vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large basil leaf, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- To make dressing: place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, basil, and salt in blender or food processor. Blend/process for 10-15 seconds; set aside.
- In medium bowl toss quinoa, kale, and edamame together; add lemon vinaigrette and toss so that the salad is fully coated. Place in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to let flavors soak in.
- Before serving, toss salad again and add tomatoes, onion, mango, and avocado. Garnish with toasted almonds or pumpkin seeds if desired.